Saturday 17 February 2024

Painting update #2 - 2mm Parthians

As well as painting large 40mm figures for the 3 Musketeers, I've also been painting at the other extreme and adding more 2mm units for my Strength & Honour project.  I've been putting together armies for Romans and Parthians/Sassanids and figured they'd need a decent number of light horse units to match the legions.  The figures are all from Antonine Miniatures (via Warbases).  Next on the list are some teeny elephants for the Sassanids...

Roman Legions,  auxilia and cavalry




The Parthians/Sassanids... a core of cataphracts and lots of light horse





3 comments:

  1. Must admit I am very tempted by Strength and Honour, I love the idea of the big bases full of figures, your work on them is very nice, they look the part, real sense of an army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what drew me to it and the2mm scale... it looks like a 'big' army on the table.

      Delete
  2. I do like the look of these, cinematic in scale, wonderful!
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete