Thursday 15 February 2024

Painting update #1 - 3 Musketeers

Still no gaming here due to family health issues (hopefully normal service will be resumed sometime soon), but at least that's let me catch up a bit on painting. I'm a notoriously slow and half-hearted painter and tend to have little fits of painting and then long lulls so the upside of all the turmoil at home has been a bit of focus.  Incidentally if you want an example of the opposite to me, take a look at Eric the Shed's huge painting  output at Shed Wars!

I have 3 projects on the go ( I never seem able to focus on 1 thing at a time!), and all very different.

First up at the big scale end, I've  made a bit of progress on the 40mm 3 Musketeers figures from Steve Barber Models.

Musketeers including Athos, Porthos and Aramis


I realised that I needed a few more Cardinal's Guards to match the Musketeers

Cardinal's Guards including Rochefort (booo!)

I probably don't need much more in the way of figures as this was always intended to be a small skirmish game, but of course I do need some civilians as well.  These are from Eureka Miniatures... a little smaller than the Steve Barber ones but pretty close.  I'll also have a look at Irregular who do some 42mm Musketeers... maybe some mounted figures...

A 'hired blade' who will do for a pre-Musketeer D'Artagnan, Constance Bonaceiux and Planchet, armed with club (or possibly a baguette)



4 comments:

  1. Very nice work, I like the look of the Steve Barber figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely figures and ideal for a big skirmish game

      Delete
  2. Nice stuff Alastair - I too have been doing some 3 Musketeer type figures recently - in my case, 28mm from Brigade Games - I will need more (particularly more "baddies") and I will be adding civilians as extra set dressing too, probably!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 28mm would probably have been a more sensible scale to go for as there's more choice, but I was tempted by the Steve Barber figures

    ReplyDelete