Sunday 12 November 2023

Warfare 2023

Off to Warfare yesterday afternoon.  Since it relocated to Farnborough, it's a much easier drive to get there despite the challenges of roadworks.

The show is spread over 2 days and hosts a lot of competition games as well as a decent spread of traders and demo/participation games.  I didn't arrive till the afternoon and it didn't feel overly busy but that might be a reflection of the space and timing.

I picked up an order of more 2mm figures from Warbases and have succumbed to the power of a freebie and picked up some of the Warlord Games 'Epic' ECW range.  I got my free on in a copy of WI and some friends have kindly given me their sprues that they weren't going to use, so I've been caught, hook, line and sinker by the Warlord Games marketing strategy!

The games on display ranged from ok (it was interesting to see a few that opted for a much simpler terrain set up than the usual show standard) to some really excellent games.. a special mention for the Guildford Wargames Club's 1940 game with some very accurate local terrain (admittedly I'm a bit biased as they're my old club and it was nice to see some of the guys from the club)

Some photos... I didn't take a huge amount and apologies to the clubs where I haven't remembered who was who!

Excellent Isandlwana game by "Combined Oppos"

Dornier Down by Shepway Wargamers




Hex-Wing... ECW witches on broomsticks.  Sorry, I don't know who out this on but it seemed popular

The excellent Guildford 1940 game... really nice terrain


Something Vietnamy

Palestine 1938 by Deal Wargames society (I think)



Delhi 1803 by Crawley Wargames Club

Ulundi by The Three Musketeers



5 comments:

  1. Missed it this year..looks like a good show again 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the pictures I have seen it did not look well attended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there on both days running the Guildford game, sorry to have missed you Alistair. They had more people through the door than last year and Saturday was very busy. Sunday sparser as is usual but we still talked to a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get there till later on Saturday so it may have quietened down by then. I think you were busy talking to a punter when I passed by
      ..sorry to have missed a catch up

      Delete
  4. ปั่น sawan888 ให้กลายเป็นเศรษฐี เว็บไซต์ มากับค่ายเกม pg slot วอเลท เป็นค่ายเกมยอดนิยม ผู้เล่นสามารถยอมรับได้แต่ละวัน ทางพวกเราบริการโปร ระบบ ฝาก – เบิก อัตโนมัติ

    ReplyDelete