Sunday 5 November 2023

Battlesuit-solo play

Off on a very short trip back home, up and down to Glasgow to visit family



Since I was mostly on my own I decided to try out my recent purchase of the old Metagame Battlesuit which I'd picked up at Colours






It's an interesting skirmish game... not too complex but with some interesting reaction fire rules.  Since it was a first playthrough I made a few mistakes (misreading the CRT in a couple of places) but I can see the game has some good potential.  Definitely worth a replay, perhaps using my 15mm Laserburn figures which would look the part and wouldn't be out of scale on the map








I also had a chance to look through my latest Metagame nostalgia-acquisition, Olympica.  This isn't one I'd come across before but has some interesting mechanics with one side being able to use tunnels for shelter/movement and being able to 'compel' the enemy and reposition them.  I find the compact format and design of these games makes for some interesting design features... they don't always work but the success rate is pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment