Sunday 13 November 2022

Warfare 2022

 


I missed SELWG the other week as they've moved it to North London and the journey across town was a bit too convoluted for me, so my last wargames show of the year is Warfare which has moved from Reading to a much more convenient Farnborough (although some traffic jams on the A3 and a road closure on the way meant it wasn't quite the smooth journey I'd hoped for).

The new venue is the Farnbrough Exhibition Centre next to the airport which makes for some interesting views as you drive in



Warfare is a 2 day show with a lot of competition games as well as the usual demo and participation games.  It seemed pretty busy... I didn't get there till after 1pm so I suspect it had been even busier in the morning.  



A couple of traders said they'd been having a really good day so fingers crossed the new venue has worked out well.

I was very restrained and nearly didn't buy anything but inevitably I weakened at the last minute and picked up a box of Gripping Beast Picts for a very good price.  They can be added to my Arthurian/Dark Age project.

So here are a  selection of photos... as usual I generally forgot to not who was putting on the game so apologies in advance...

Wagram


Carentan- Retired Wargamers Reloaded




Imjin

Vietnam game using Bohica rules which I nearly bought

Excellent Cold War game by Sheppey Wargames Club



Battle of Nice-Malvern Old Gamers

Finally a special mention for the Guildford Wargames Club...an excellent demo of the fictional Battle of Dorking from the 1871 novel (link).  The game looked excellent  even including some Victorian versions of those annoying cyclists I always get stuck behind when I go to Box Hill!








Guildford was my regular club for many years... it's been nearly 4 years since I've made it there for a game so it was nice to see some of the guys again and I'll have to get down for another game soon.
 

4 comments:

  1. Nice venue - although it was a long drive from the nominated entrance gate! Good range of traders but a bit closely packed given the amount of unused space. Great to see so many enthusiastic gamers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did feel like a very long drive around the exhibition centre to get to the parking, especially when the exit gate was right next door!

      Delete
  2. It is a bit of a trek from any train station. I like the piccies of Box Hill. I often wonder about the drivers when I cycle up it...Now I know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly would be tricky to get to without a car

      Delete