Sunday 11 September 2022

Colours 2022

 A trip to Colours at Newbury this weekend for the first time in 4 years.  It's a great show and, at about an hour and a half's drive is one of the closest (apart from Salute and SELWG although the latter's move to North London makes it tricky to get to now).

Arriving at the car park it was clear it was already very busy at 10.30am and inside the main hall it was pretty packed.  On the top floor the Bring and Buy was several people deep and I didn't have the enthusiasm to elbow my way to the front so I don't know of there were any bargains to be had.

There weren't a huge number of games on show... Colours always feels very much like a trade show and I only took a few pics of some that caught my eye

Battle of Adrianople


Mordheim

Roundway Down

Peter Pig's Mexican Revolution game...always been tempted by this period but no!

My haul from the show was also very restrained... a copy of Strength and Honour which I wanted to try with my 10mm Romans and Celts, and a set of Mig Alley which is part of the Wings at War series from Tumbling Dice and comes with some teeny, tiny 1:600 Jets.  I've always  fancied the Korean air war and at £10 it seemed too good to pass up...





3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your MiG Alley project taking off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful...the teeny tiny planes are addictive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can sense that already!!

      Delete