Thursday 21 July 2022

Revisiting Blood Red Skies

One of my 'on again... off again' projects is Blood Red Skies by Warlord games.  Checking back on the blog it was a scary 3 years ago (!!!) that I posted that I'd nearly finished the starter set planes (LINK).  They're still nearly finished...they just need some decals applied.




But obviously I need more than the Me109s and Spitfires that come in the starter set but this has remained on the back burner until recently.  The Warlord planes are quite pricey although there are some good alternatives available from America.  But, in true tight-fisted Scottish style, I've been keeping half an eye in eBay for some sensibly priced sets.  Of course this does tend to mean that its the more eclectic planes that appear at lower prices but my air forces have been beefed up by some bargain Me410s and some nice Bristol Beaufighters




Having got this project back up and running I don't need any distractions.  So what pops up on Facebook this evening...




5 comments:

  1. It’s good to pick up old projects, almost like buying something new.
    Watching developments with interest.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised that it's been 3 years since I last did anything with these.

      Delete
  2. You cant beat a nice Beaufighter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely planes and make a nice change from the usual Spitfires and 109s

      Delete
  3. Sometimes the blog is too good at keeping records of just how long a project has been sitting on the shelf. 😀

    ReplyDelete