Sunday 5 May 2019

Sunday update


No posts for almost a month.  No excuses I'm afraid, just work and real life getting in the way, including a week back home in Glasgow.  I did take part in an excellent Napoleonic game though, courtesy of Eric the Shed; all the details are here....link.

To be fair my stunning success in this game was more due to luck than anything else.  As usual in Black Powder games my Brigade set refusing to move for several turns before making a charge across the table when I was a bit vague specifying their orders.  In this case it left my French columns sitting in front of the British lines who failed to cause many casualties.  I then charged home and they all ran away!  I'd like to think this was down to my tactical genius but some very lucky dice throwing saved me again!

I have finally gotten round to prepping the figures I bought at Salute last month.  These are figures from Oathsworn Miniatures Burrows and Badgers range and Northumbrian Tin Soldiers Guardians of the Riverbank set.  So far they've been undercoated and then given a light grey and white highlight spray

Evil Weasels...boo!



A very Scottish looking Hedgehog and Shrew
...and joined by a Hare and a Squirrel
Badger, Otter, Ratty, Mole and Toad



Ratty

Mole

Toad

Badger

Otter
I've always been a Wind in the Willows fan ( the 1996 film in well worth checking out) and like the Burrows and Badgers setting so I finally gave in and bought some of these.  I have to confess to being a bit intimidated about painting them as some of the examples on Facebook etc are really excellently painted but now they are undercoated and prepped I don't have an excuse!

In the pipeline this week are games of Terraforming Mars and another Black Powder Jacobite game with my paper soldiers.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely figures.l look forward to seeing them painted and in action.

    ReplyDelete