Sunday 30 April 2023

2 new projects

Despite my best intentions to concentrate on sorting out the figures and projects I have in the loft I've wandered into a couple of new ventures.  Obviously this is pretty standard for any gamer!

I've tried to stick to things which aren't going to require a big investment in time or money and should only require a relatively small number of figures 


#1 was inspired by going along to the Little Wars Revisited games day a couple of months ago and rediscovering my enjoyment of larger scale figures.  I've always fancied having some Three Musketeers figures so these 40mm figures have come from Steve Barber Models and are really lovely.  I also have a few coming from Eureka Miniatures... there's going to be a  delay in getting these as the guys at Eureka in Australia are on a break till June but, at the rate I paint that won't really be a problem.


The other project is one I've always wanted to do... a Mythic Greek/Jason and the Argonauts collection.  I'd been reading some stuff about Ray Harryhausen and that set me off on the trail of some figures.  Almost straight away I spotted a bargain deal on a couple of packs of Wargames Foundry figures on eBay...


When I started doing some research online I found loads of blog posts by gamers who've done similar themed projects... clearly we all have a love of Jason battling stop-motion skeletons!  Now that the Covid symptoms have subsided I've primed them all and am ready to get painting, accompanied by some inspirational listening... the audiobook of Stephen Fry's Mythos which is a great re-telling of classic Greek myths


4 comments:

  1. Excellent choice of projects. I look forward to watch their progress…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like those musketeers...great choice of scale for skirmish duels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Three Musketeers are the Redoubt ones that are 32mm and a pretty comprehenzive range. Those 40mm are lovely....

    I have the Bones 5 Kickstarter Greek addon which has a lot of mythical greek figures in it. I was going to use it with Mortal Gods but have really gone off that system. What rules are you thinking of using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure yet Mike. I have the Osprey En Garde rules which I'll probably try but at the rate I paint it'll be a while before I get to the point of actually getting the figures on the table!

      Delete