Saturday 18 February 2023

Gaslands

 


Last week we gave Gaslands a rare outing as Andrew hadn't had chance to try them before.  To keep things simple we had a couple of cars each and raced around a figure of 8 track... I possibly made the track a bit too big but I was worried that my rubbish driving skills Andrew's lack of experience would make negotiating tight bends a bit tricky.  In hindsight a smaller arena would have upped the level of carnage which is always a good thing in Gaslands!



Each vehicle's weapons don't activate until they've gone through the first gate so Andrew took advantage of this by speeding through Gate 2 and immediately dropping mines in the gateway!

We'd decided to award points for completing a lap but more points for wrecking vehicles.  Andrew's lead car sped round the course and took the 1st lap before deciding that racing wasn't as much fun as concentrating on attacking enemy vehicles!




I spent a lot of the time trailing behind Andrew's lead car while his 2nd vehicle, a truck, struggled to get up to speed... his dice rolling was pretty atrocious for a lot of the game until he managed to line up a shot on one of my cars and managed to roll this...



... 6's count as 2 hits so this was pretty devastating, immediately destroying one of my cars!



He then proceeded to execute a very neat reverse turn and blast my other car into smithereens... I'm putting this down to beginners luck and definitely not my rubbish tactics!  Excellent fun and a game that I ought to get out more often



2 comments:

  1. Never played Gaslands but always fancied giving it a go. Looks like a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete