Wednesday 5 October 2022

What have I been up to?

This week saw another game of Blood Red Skies which ended in a win for the RAF... we'd each lost a plane (out of 4 a side) but BRS emphasises morale wins with planes likely to break off and head for home when the hits start to mount up.  The more I've played BRS, the more impressed I've been by the way they manage morale and the importance of manouvreability as much as shooting.




I've also been busy prepping my 10mm paper Roman/British armies for a forthcoming trial game of Strength and Honour.  So far I have a decent amount of legions and warbands (as well as some chariots, skirmishers and cavalry for thr Brits) but I need to add some Auxiliaries, skirmishers and cavalry for the Romans

The Romans

...and the Britons

Chariots


I also need to mark a grid on my game mat which I must admit I'm a bit nervous about!




I was out and about for work last week (a bit of a novelty these days) and popped into a branch of Game in Worthing.  I recently discovered that Game have diversified a bit from videogames (I guess these are generally downloaded these days) and stock quite a lot of boardgames and sundry geeky stuff.  I picked up a copy of Colt Express for the very reasonable price of £9.99.  It's a  very light Cowboy themed game where you have to rob passengers on a train  and, of course, other players and get away with the most loot.  Looks like good fun for family game nights.

4 comments:

  1. I like your paper armies for S+H..good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made up some of their figures in different scales but I think 10mm are the most effective and easiest to cut out and base

      Delete
  2. I have to say I really enjoyed our game of BRS. I was going to use the Axis and Allies air combat game as I normally prefer grid-based rules for aerial and naval gaming, but BRS really felt right and is a very elegant system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots going on with action a plenty in three quite different quarters! Like Jim, the paper ancients caught my eye the most!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete