Saturday 15 October 2022

Strength &Honour camps

 I've been busy prepping Roman and Gallic armies for an inaugural game of Strength and Honour in a couple of weeks time.  I've decided to go with 10mm armies using the excellent Paperboys armies by Peter Dennis.  This means the dining room is awash with little snipped-off bits of paper and heady with the fumes of UHU glue.

I've really enjoyed making these and find an hour or so of snipping and sticking can pass quickly (unless that's just the glue fumes!), aided by listening to an audiobook.  

I've never really listened to audiobooks, usually listening to music when I paint but have recently discovered that they're great (as are podcasts... I know I'm way behind the curve here!!).  Our local library has a great selection available to download so I've worked my way through the BBC versions of Lord of the Rings and Neverwhere... the latter is especially good and well worth looking out for.

I still need to add some more units to the armies and, more scarily, I need to mark out a grid on my game cloth which is making me very nervous!

S&H requires each side to have a camp or baggage so I've made up a Roman marching camp and a Gallic camp from the set and I'm pretty impressed by them...



Once the completed armies are ready to go I'll post some pictures of the forces.

1 comment:

  1. These look great. I am glad you have discovered the joy of audiobook and podcasts. Speaking personally they have enriched my life greatly. I await the forces with great interest…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete