Tuesday 12 April 2022

Laserburn armies have landed

So there's been a lack of activity in the gaming front over the last couple of weeks.  We're off to see family up in Glasgow over Easter and so I've been laying low and avoiding group games to try and stay Covid-free before going to stay with my elderly mother.

A little while ago I'd mentioned painting up some long-lost Laserburn figures... well I succumbed to temptation and bought 2 of the starter packs from Alternative Armies!  Each of these contains 25+ 15mm figures and are excellent value.  So I now have starter forces for Imperial Troopers and Redemptionist Rebels plus a couple of vehicles.  AA also threw in a freebie figure from their Celtic Mythology range just to tempt me!



I've made a start on them and hope to get them done after Easter when I've recovered from a chocolate-induced coma!

8 comments:

  1. I have loads of the old Laserburn figures...I used to play Imperial Commander years ago and always fancied doing it again, hence the leadpile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a copy of IC so it's definitely on the 'to-do' list

      Delete
  2. Hmm, you're tempting me to re-start my own 15mm Laserburn collection...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember these from back in the day. Bryan Ansell’s initials foray in to sci-fi gaming. Lovely figures. Redemptionist hand flamers seem to feature heavily in my memory, but can’t really remember why!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bring back happy memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff and both Laserburn and Imperial Commander rules have stood the test of time.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete