Thursday 31 March 2022

Painting and planning: a Q1 review




At the beginning of the year I boldly set out some plans for the year.  I tend not to do this as it's always too depressing when I've failed to achieve anything I'd planned or been sidetracked into something off-plan.

But, since it's the end of Q1 it must be time for a retro (can you tell I've been doing too much project planning at work!!?)

On my list were 3 main projects... Arthurian armies, Ironclads and sorting out my WW2 ships.  Bafflingly I've somehow actually achieved 2 out of 3 with figures painted and games played for the Arthurians and the Ironclads.  Of course there's more to do with each if these so they aren't completely done (is a wargames project ever really done??) but I'm amazed that I've actually managed to get figures painted and onto the table for a game.

My painting tally tends to be incredibly slow but so far this year I have painted:

40 Late Roman Infantry

12 ACW Ironclad ships

6 1980s Laserburn miniatures.

The Laserburn figures were an unexpected find and have set me off on a new project (yeah... I was never going to stick religiously to the plan!) and a package has just arrived from Alternative Armies.  More on this in a separate post...

6 comments:

  1. Better some progress than none! Great Dilbert choice! Having worked in IT most of my career, I swear Scott channels my experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed at any progress at all! I work in the charity sector but the Dilbert-type experience has definitely crept into my work too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good progress Alastair. It's nice to see a plan that seems to be working. Mine never do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say well done I didn't even get as far as making a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the progress. I don't think any of us stick to a plan

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Laserburn figures are great fun to paint.

    ReplyDelete