Sunday 20 March 2022

Nearly at the Little Wars Revisited Games day

Not a lot of gaming for the last few weeks... a combination of work, tiredness and a distinct lack of get up and go has meant I've not been out much.  We did manage a game of the excellent boardgame Tokaido this evening in which my wife did her usual "I don't really know what I'm doing" tactic, while sweeping to victory! 


Last weekend I should have been at the Little Wars Revisited games day in Woking.  My track record at actually making it to this annual gathering of 54mm enthusiasts is pretty poor... I managed to get to the first one back in 2018 but then a combination of work and lockdowns has meant I've never managed it since.

It's a lovely small gathering of like-minded gamers with a passion for large scale figures, with several games put on across the day and an emphasis on everyone getting a chance to join in.

I set off on Saturday lunchtime (I could only manage the afternoon due to prior commitments) and, for some reason, decided to take my wife's car.  I'd no sooner set off when there was an ominous noise from under the car.  I pulled into the nearest garage and sure enough one of the tyres was almost completely flat!  Luckily I discovered this quickly and not when I was hurling down the A3!  So my planned gaming afternoon turned into an afternoon at Kwik-Fit instead and I missed catching up with everyone yet again!

Luckily there are lots of photos of the day on Mike Lewis' blog and the excellent Duchy of Tradgardland blog.  More info can be found on the forum and there is also a planned day later in the year up north in Stockport in September.  All the details are on the Little Wars Revisited site.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully see you in September!
    Tokaido is such a lovely game that I don’t mind wheter I win or lose,sometimes.
    Tokaido , just the tonic I say!

    ReplyDelete