Saturday 23 January 2021

A painting update

 

So it's been a couple of weeks since my flurry of Samurai games and we haven't managed anything since then.  Things have been pretty busy... an unexpected promotion at work just before Xmas has meant that work has become very hectic and I'm now doing my original job plus a lot more on top.  I'm not complaining...I work in the charity sector and it has been hit very hard over the last year as fundraising and volunteering have understandably not been a top priority for everyone, so it's good to be as busy as I am and to see the charity growing and developing despite everything.  It does mean I'm spending hours each day staring at the laptop though, so my appetite for doing much else in the evening has taken a bit of a hit.

Despite this I've managed a bit of painting.  First up is one of 2 artillery pieces added to my Wars of the Roses army, ready for the next game (whenever that will be)...of course the gun is doomed to explode as soon as I try to fire it but it's nice to have on the table!




At Xmas I was given a set of Gripping Beast  Dark Age Cavalry by my wife, the first element of my Arthurian project and they have now been painted, apart from their shields.  These will be added once my transfers from Little Big Man Studios arrive.



I've also just a box of Late Roman Infantry thanks to a discount from Northstar Miniatures so these will be next on the painting list 

2 comments:

  1. Some great looking painting. What rules are you going to use for the Arthurian figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still mulling that over. I prefer the large skirmish level game to big army battles so probably something like Dux Brittanarium or Dux Bellorum would work well. If I go even more 'skirmishy' then Fistful of Lead or Song or Arthur and Merlin would work well. Still lots of painting to do so there's plenty of time to mull it over!

      Delete