Sunday 10 May 2020

More Lockdown painting... and cakes!

A bit more painting this week...the last (for now) of the Wars of the Roses figures.  I've added some Scots Spearmen to the mercenaries (I figured the Scots wouldn't want to miss a fight!) and have given them a suitably impressive standard along with a few more command figures and yet another drummer.





I'm going to take a break from the WotR and do some more work on the WW2 Japanese figures that I'd started.

Apart from the Japanese my next painting project is going to be at 1:1 scale as I can't really avoid decorating any longer.   I really hate painting... actually that isn't true... the painting isn't too bad, it's the rearranging furniture, disruption and having to prep all the surfaces that does my head in.


Boooo!!!!


Like half the country on Lockdown I have been baking to try and occupy myself.  It's not something I've done a lot of in the past although my mum and my son are keen bakers and my wife trained as a Home Economics teacher in a previous life so there's lots of technical advice on hand.  I've found I'm actually not bad at it, which is bad news for the waistline but a weekly bake is surprisingly therapeutic.  Here is a selection...


No-Flour Chocolate cake

Tablet... a Scottish version of fudge but
with serious amounts  of sugar

Toblerone Cheescake

Lemon Drizzle...because everyone makes Lemon Drizzle 




6 comments:

  1. Great baking and miniatures, the standard bearers are most colourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They add a lot to units when they're on the table...you can never have too many flags in my opinion

      Delete
  2. There is clearly no end to your talents! All look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cake looks fab...expect to see one in the shed when it opens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bake something specially for the grand re-opening!!

      Delete