Sunday 23 February 2020

A flurry of painting!



It's been a couple of weeks since my last post but it's been a remarkably productive spell.  I'm really slow at painting usually but somehow seem to have been able to knuckle down and get on with
painting recently.


A friend asked if I would paint up a set of figures from a starter set for Core Space.  I hadn't heard of this before but it is a science fiction boardgame/skirmish set which pits various factions of traders, the Galactic Corps and The Purge  against each other.  It's produced by Battlesystems who are known for making a really good range of modular terrain pieces in card.... https://shop.battlesystems.co.uk/core-space-11-c.asp.  I've no idea what the game system is like but the miniatures are very nice indeed.








I've also painted up a box of Warlord Games AWI infantry ready for a game later this week which will be the first outing for this project and my first chance to try the Rebels and Patriots rules from Osprey.




And there's more!  As a regular gamer at Eric the Shed's I have been lucky enough to play with his fantastic collection of figures.  After the last all day extravaganza (there's a post about it here) we were talking about what to do next and the idea came up of something which all the players could contribute to.  The Wars of the Roses was an immediate thought as it's easy for each player to put together a retinue of men at arms, bowmen and billmen and the setting is ripe for the various factions to then stab each other in the back (or the front).  As we are all fans of Kingmaker there is a ready made campaign system waiting to be used as well.

I had a suspicion that I had some figures stashed away in the loft from a long-abandoned WotR project at the Guildford club and after a bit of slightly risky archaeology in the mounds of boxes in the loft I unearthed 2 boxes: Men at Arms and European Mercenaries, both by Perry Miniatures. A week later I then found another box of bow and billmen which I'd obviously started to build.  No idea where the assembled figures are but there are enough for me to make a small start on Lord Percy's retinue.





3 comments:

  1. My goodness me you've been busy! Lovely work Alastair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on the wotr figures...just another 100 to go

    ReplyDelete