Friday 2 August 2019

AWI Militia...start of a project.

Although I've been mulling over a couple of new projects (AWI and WW2 far east) I haven't got very far with them.  I've been doing some reading and invested in a couple of boxes of figures, so I decided I should finally get my finger out and actually get building

I thought I'd start with something easy...these are AWI militia which came free with an issue of Wargames Illustrated a couple of months ago.  Easy???  These were a nightmare to build with a complicated arrangement of arms and bodies that it took me ages to get my head round.  I seem to have a blind spot when it comes to visualising how arms will look when they are fitted and end up with a pile of arms on the worktable that make no sense.

Luckily through trial and error (and a lot of swearing!) I managed to come up with 10 figures in not too bizarre poses.

They've been undercoated and highlighted... now I just need to get some paint on them.




2 comments:

  1. Alastair, you've certainly done a much better job than I could! I once tried to assemble two boxes of Victrix 28mm WW2 British and Germans-the experience put me off multi-pose plastic figures for life!

    ReplyDelete