Friday 5 April 2019

'Twas the night before Salute...


Blogger seems to be filling up with 'Salute Eve' posts with everyone finalising their travel arrangements and outlining their strategy for negotiating their way round Excel.... and I'm no different.

The camera battery is on charge and the memory card has been cleared ready for far too many photos, most of which I will struggle to identify.  My shopping list still needs to be sorted out but actually it's pretty small (no, really....stop laughing at the back..).  A few figures from Oathsworn Miniatures and that's about it.  Oh, and maybe some more planes for Blood Red Skies.  But really that's it....

The Bloggers meet up is scheduled for 12.00pm so I will aim to arrive at about 11ish which should avoid the queues and give me a little time before heading for the big red spot.



Speaking of Blood Red Skies I have now pretty much finished the starter set,  The Spitfires and Me109s still need decals which I will need to source but otherwise they are good to go.  Of course the temptation is now to start adding bigger planes and then branch out into other theatres.  I've always had a fancy for doing the Winter War... a little bit niche but it was a fascinating campaign and features a mix of obscure, and frankly not very good, aircraft and a real David and Goliath battle between the Finns and the Soviets.  But that really is a project for another day.








And now for something completely different.  I came across some 'medieval hounds'  made by Steel Fist Miniatures which looked remarkably like my 2 dogs so I decided to order some and paint them up for my wife ...luckily she doesn't look on here so hopefully these will remain a surprise until I have completed the base.




1 comment: