Sunday 10 February 2019

More paper Jacobites


Last year I started working on "paper soldier" armies for the Jacobite wars, using the excellent Jacobite book in the Battle for Britain series by Peter Dennis.  Scarily it was back in July that I'd worked my way through the Government army and then took a pause.

After xmas I decided this seemed like a good project for the dark winter nights and so I've been busily cutting and sticking like a demented 6 year old in a Primary school art class.  In a couple of weeks I have produced 8 Highlander regiments (36 men in each regiment) and 3 French regiments including the Royal Ecossais.  A few more Highlanders will be needed as I suspect the attrition rate will be high for them!  I also need to produce some Lowland troops, Irish and a few horse and artillery.

There are some rules included with the book (by Andy Callan) but my preference is probably to use Black Powder as a starter.


The Tartan Army head off for an away fixture...

French Allies


2 comments:

  1. I received my copy at the weekend, I am not sure I can handle the pikes though !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pikes sound a bit fiddly...I must admit to having snipped off the odd musket by accident :)

      Delete