Tuesday 15 January 2019

Cruel Seas - 50 Shades of Grey





I've now completed all the MTBs and E Boats that came with the Cruel Seas starter set as well as some freebies that came with the recent issue of Wargames Illustrated.

I still have to complete a couple of boats kindly donated by Eric the Shed and a couple of PT boats that came with the next issue of WI but I certainly have more than enough to get started.

I decided not to go for any fancy camouflage schemes which meant digging out a variety of grey paints.  The starter set has a basic painting guide and there was lots of inspiration on some of the Cruel Seas Facebook groups that have sprung up.

erm..no, just no....

After a rummage in my paint box I realised I would need to get more grey paint which meant a trip to the local Games Workshop and trying to decipher the names of their paints and work out a comparison to the similar shades in Vallejo.  Luckily I was spared the usual " and what are you painting?" conversation.

So here are the MTBs and S Boats so far.  They still need flags adding and possible a wash but I'm still in 2 minds about this.  Now I need to get cracking on the launched torpedoes.





1 comment:

  1. All the Cruel Seas postings at various points around the blogosphere, facebook, and twitter has me very tempted...I don't need another game dang it! These models look good, nice work!

    ReplyDelete