Monday 12 August 2024

Some Dark Age inspiration

I picked up a copy of Martin Hackett's 'As Told in the Great Hall', which looks like a great resource for Dark Age wargames from the end of the Roman era through to Hastings.







There are rules included, although at first glance they seem to be quite old school.wih lots of tables and modifiers although I haven't had a chance to properly read through yet.  Might inspire me to dig out my Romano-British and Saxons.

There's been another lull in gaming over the last of months due to work, holidays and family health but I had a great return to the table top care of Eric the Shed who hosted an epic Greek/Macedonian battle...



and then a couple of weeks later an excellent game of Ankh.  Looking forward to getting a new acquisition on the table later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment