Wednesday 6 December 2023

Book Haul

 

I used to occasionally pop a summary of books I've been reading on the blog but haven't done that for ages.  To be honest, these days I get through fewer books as I've usually nodded off before I've read more than a couple of pages!  I might try and pull together a list of recent books soon, but here is a haul of books acquired either as a birthday gift from my son (the Ben Aaronovitch, and Lost Realms), or from the excellent second hand bookshop at Hatchlands, a NT property in Surrey... we were there as it's a nice spot to walk the dogs but it's always worth popping into the bookshop.


I picked up a 2nd hand copy of Iron Dawn after a random conversation with a man sitting next to me on  train from Glasgow to London recently.  I spotted the title and asked if it was worth reading...  there followed a long chat about ACW Ironclads before he got off at Preston (or maybe he was just running away from the strange man on the train!).  God knows what the people sitting opposite us thought!


And on a final literary note, I recently discovered this blue plaque to of my favourite authors, Joseph Conrad, just round the corner from my employers main office... I only go there occasionally but had never spotted it till now.
 



1 comment:

  1. Nice selection there. Conrad is one of my favourite authors too.

    ReplyDelete