Tuesday 20 September 2022

Wingspan


 

A rare family boardgame evening with a game of Wingspan.  I've posted about this before but essentially it's an engine-building game based on birds... think Terraforming Mars but with feathers.  Its certainly less complex than TM but that's no bad thing when you want a quick game to distract from all the Royal funeral stuff.

The components are lovely and any game that includes a dice tower shaped like a birdhouse is a winner in my book!



Each round (4 in total) has a randomly drawn objective (eg most birds played in the woodland habitat or most eggs laid etc) and each player has a secret objective as well so each game has a lot of variety.




As usual I was soundly beaten by my wife and son with Elaine doing her usual "oh I don't really know what I'm doing" shtick while wiping the floor with us!

4 comments:

  1. We basically turned the TV off for ten days to avoid the ‘royal stuff’.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the same. Fed up with the state sponsored misery of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know anyone that was interested. My neighbour went to work, only two out of his thirteen clients cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There seems to be a theme with the comments. Nobody around here seemed to care or be bothered with the ‘royal thing’ either. Our TV remained off and at least we saved on some electric…

    ReplyDelete