Friday 11 February 2022

Hold the front page!

In a piece of shock news I've actually painted something!!!

For months now I've really struggled to get motivated to paint but a rare moment of determination has resulted in me painting a box of Gripping Beast Late Romans as part of my Arthurian project.




I knew I'd already made a start on this project but when I checked I discovered it was over a year since I'd painted up some cavalry!


I've splashed out on a copy of Dux Bellorum which look like an excellent set of rules and my Saxons and Vikings will masquerade as Early Saxons and Britons (just don't look too closely!).  I reckon one hairy Dark Age warrior looks pretty much like another... I know the Vikings don't quite gel but in a crowd they should pass muster.

The Romano-Brits will even get an outing in a game in a couple of weeks... of course, as new figures they're doomed to lose!!

Very satisfying to actually have got something painted again after a long lay-off.



4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling..maybe it's the weather, but I've been a bit stuck in a painting jam too recently. Great work on those late Romans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Ray... it was nice to get something painted for once!

      Delete