Thursday 28 January 2021

Salute delayed...again...

 So in a bit of news that will surprise no one,  Salute won't be happening in April!!  Shocking, I know...  given nothing is open and we'll in all likelihood still be locked down by then and Excel is a Nightingale Hospital site.

The details can be found here... LINK

The show has been moved again to 13th November, assuming things have opened up again (surely by then...).  I had seen some speculation that it was going to clash with the Warfare show at Reading but  it looks like this is scheduled for a couple of weeks later on 27th and 28th November in its new home at Ascot Racecourse.  Of course the big question will be how many of us return to wargames shows in the future.  I must admit I'm undecided as there are too many unknowns at present and the thought of crowded events fills me with a fair amount of anxiety.  I don't know if these are the big attraction they used to be for traders either...my impression is that, especially for smaller traders these have incurred increasing costs, especially when compared with online sales.  But I guess the opportunity to showcase new ranges etc at the bigger shows must be tempting.  Here's hoping we're in a place where it's at least possible to hold events and shows by then!


6 comments:

  1. Like most, I haven't been to a show in nearly a year, is November gonna be safe to go, who knows? I bloody well hope so though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed no surprise, November will be busy but by then most of us will have cleared lead mountain and will be itching to meet up and get some games in. Fingers crossed....
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant imagine ever clearing the lead mountain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's hope the Woking Games Day can go ahead later this year and you can get to scratch your 54mm itch again!

    Best wishes
    Anthony

    ReplyDelete