Monday 28 September 2020

Latest magazine freebies


 


Last month I was tempted out of my Covid secure bunker into the post-apocalyptic wasteland of Sutton High Street (if you've ever been to this bit of South London you'll know it wasn't much better pre-pandemic!) to buy a copy of the latest Wargames Illustrated and the free copy of Never Mind the Billhooks.  These excellent rules seem to have really taken off and it sounds like greater things are being planned for them in the future.

Of course WI have a canny marketing department and I was immediately drawn into buying the next issue thanks to the promise of more freebies.  This month they are giving away a sprue of Warlord Games Samurai figures which reminded me my Japanese figures haven't seen the light of day for a while.  


Inevitably I picked up a couple of issues so I now have 10 figures to build... I hadn't realised at the time that there are 3 different sprues on the covers... spear armed Ashigaru, missile troops or Samurai.  I might have paid more attention if I had worked this out but in the end I have 2 worked of Ashigaru which is ideal.

The magazine also features an excellent Billhooks scenario for Stoke Field so well worth getting for that as well.




I also picked up a copy of Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy which has a focus on the AWI this month so lots on interesting reading.

Now, off to the loft to find my Japanese collection!

2 comments:

  1. i'll buy the spare copy of WI off you...not interested in the Samurai

    ReplyDelete