Monday 3 August 2020

Wars of the Roses...the final straight.


Back at the beginning of the year, after a rather epic all day re-fight of 1st Newbury (details HERE) we'd discussed what the next large scale project should be and quickly settled on the Wars of the Roses.  This seemed ideal for a multiplayer game as each player could put together a few (or many) units based around a particular Noble.

Fast forward 7 months and I've just about finished my retinue.  I say 'finished' but of course there's always the temptation to add 'just one more' unit!  The figure tally now stands at over 240 figures which, while it might be small compared with some of my fellow gamers, is a huge amount for me.  It's been a long time since I've rattled so quickly through a project like this... I guess there is a small benefit to Lockdown and Furlough!

The retinue mostly comprises infantry figures with a couple of units of horse: we decided early on to work in multiples of 6 which makes it easy to use these for either Lion Rampant with 12 man units or Hail Caesar with 18s

So the final unit (for now) has been completed...a unit of Lord Clifford's mounted Men at Arms and some mounted commanders





I've also spent some time prepping a lot of movement trays which is strangely therapeutic...


The exciting news is that the Percy/Clifford Northern Powerhouse gets it's first proper outing this evening so hopefully lots more photos of their stunning victory to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment