Friday 20 October 2017

Battle of Britain Update




A quick update on the issues around the planes that came with the Battle of Britain game the other week.  After a fair bit of grumbling on the Kickstarter forum and various online sites, Will from PSC responded...

"Ok chaps, I have to bite the bullet - whereas the main paper and card components are great, I have got the plastic wrong for the miniatures.
I cannot sticking plaster it.
I made the wrong decision with the too pliable plastic and the wrong decision with the manufacturer.
I apologise to everyone for these wrong decisions I made.
It does not sit right with me that the game is not as good as it should be and the quality is not 100%.
It is a fantastic game and deserves the best possible plastic miniature planes.
My plan is this:-
I am going to rework and upgrade all the plastic planes with a different, reliable manufacturer (they do work for CMON, Games Workshop, Asmodee, Cryptozoic and Flying Frog Productions) in a robust but quality plastic.
We will continue to ship everyone a game now with "wonky" plastic plus all stretch goals (except the bonus kit - another story involving customs! If you do not get one now you will with the new plastic planes). At least you can get a few hours on your logbooks!
We will then ship you all a free set of new, improved plastic planes at no extra to you when they have been tooled and moulded - to be confirmed but March 2018 seems likely. Basically it will be as soon as possible - we had not planned on this so will take time to re-tool and mould. We will also send add-on plane packs at the same time.
The retail release will be delayed until we have the new plastic minis to retrofit the rest of the print run.
Rest assured, everyone must know that if we get it wrong, we will rectify things.
Best wishes,

Will"

Fair play to Will and the chaps at PSC who have listened and decided to take a hit on the new planes...not an easy decision but one that will go down very well I think.

8 comments:

  1. I have to admit I was surprised with the comments on your original post as I've always found the quality of psc products excellent. Will and the crew at psc have always been great to Deal with and this post seems to confirm that. Well done Will for putting his hands up and showing his fix. Hope it all gets sorted to your satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything else about the game (apart from the planes) is really good. It's good to see a company taking on the feedback and doing something positive about it.

      Delete
  2. Well things sometime go wrong and I think PSC have to be praised for doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m still waiting on mine- I’m sure they’ll be fine with a lick of paint after the hot water treatment. I hope PSC can absorb the hit, they have not done themselves great PR recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for them for reacting to the consumer, its a great game but better models is sure to help.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I daresay there will still be nay-sayers, but this seems about as good a solution as they could offer. It'll be a bit financial hit - I hope it doesn't cause too many problems for them down the line.

    ReplyDelete