Monday 7 May 2018

Some Bank Holiday figure prepping...


Traditional UK Bank Holiday activities would normally include DIY and barbeques and I have to confess to having been out gardening for the afternoon.  I'm not a natural gardener which explains the overgrown state of my garden, but today's tasks involved indiscriminately attacking the garden with a set of heavy duty hedge-trimmers which is something even I can manage.  At least I managed to avoid slicing through the cable which is what I usually do (thank goodness for circuit-breakers!) but I did manage to devastate a couple of rose bushes which became collateral damage when I was attacking a clump of nettles and brambles!

I've nursed my scratches and stings and got on with more hobby-related tasks....prepping some figures for a game tomorrow.  I have a game arranged at my friend Andrew's and at his suggestion have dug out my Russian Civil War armies for a game of Red Actions.  These are an excellent free set of rules from the Perfect Captain website which I used to play quite regularly but haven't for, oh, at least 5 years I reckon.

All my figures are based individually which is a bit of a pain in Red Actions so I have temporarily re-based them onto a batch of 30 x 30mm bases using PVA.  If the rules inspire me I may look at permanently re-basing these.

I'll post an update after tomorrow's game...unless I lose in which case this will never be spoken of again...






1 comment:

  1. Great looking force Alastair new basing is simple and effective.

    ReplyDelete